Urine organic acids - SPE method

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Urine organic acids - SPE method
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 04:21 am:

I am hoping to set up an SPE method for the isolation of organic acids from urine (which are then detected using GC/MS). Does anyone have any experience of using SPE for organic acids or similar analytes? Any comments will be gratefully received

TIA

Helen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By A.Mouse on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 12:10 am:

This is best done with an anion SPE, something with a quaternary amine bonded. There are methods on the Waters webside for their Oasis ion-exchangers. We have used them for our problems and they worked well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By AllsepTech on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 05:26 pm:

For direct analysis, retention and separation of acids in various biofluids check the link below. Primesep D column is specially designed for analysis of acidic molecules in biofluids. It also retains hydrophobic compounds but repells proteins:
http://allsep.com/Technology_DirectPlasmaAnalysis.php
Mobile phase is LC/MS and preparative chromatography compatible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ingo Christ on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 - 06:53 am:

I have worked with horse urin samples. For that work I used a Spark Holland SPE system and developed a method to first get the acids and then the bases. Several cleaning steps made the chromatography clean and my recoveries were above 90%. Call me if you want to get more details
Ingo @ 703/780-1500 (CHROMSYS.com)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: