Hydrogen as carrier gas instead of Helium using gas generator

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Hydrogen as carrier gas instead of Helium using gas generator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By john acton on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 03:59 am:

With the price of Helium getting more and more expensive, I am considering using hydrogen gas generator(s) to replace Helium for all my GC's with ECD,PFPD and the MSD detectors. I have been told that the hydrogen gas works with the Agilent MSD detectors in EI mode. Has anyone any experience or comments to make on using the generators as carrier gas. How many GCs can you run off a gas generator and are there sufficient safety features built in the generators to minimise a possibility of an explosion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Consumer Products Guy on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 08:08 am:

see http://www.chem.agilent.com/cfusion/faq/faq2.cfm?subsection=22&section=3&faq=400

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: