Basic GC reference needed

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Basic GC reference needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Aimee T. on Monday, November 29, 1999 - 10:30 am:

I am a layman and I appologize if I am intruding. I am writing a paper on gas chromatography. Spacifically as it is used for detecting steroid use by Olympic athelets. I am looking for a source that describes the actual process from sample collection to final report. Any assistence is greatly appreciated.
Thank's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, November 29, 1999 - 10:54 am:

Aimee, it's layPERSON (LOL)!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Aimee T. on Monday, November 29, 1999 - 06:21 pm:

I am not as interested in PC gender neutral revisionism as I am in gas chromatography. However, on the subject of literary correctness, I frankly thought that my misspelling of "specifically" was the obvious faux pas in my posting. Apparently your spelling skills are as weak as mine.(LOL)! Surely your knowledge of the subject of my request is not as limited as mine. What can you tell me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 08:33 am:

I could tell you that I have seen an article on said topic but I can't remember the magazine in which I saw it... Something recent, probably either LC/GC, Today's Chemist At Work, American Laboratory, or R&D. I can also tell you that I am sorry to see that chromatography consumes your life and that you can't have a little fun in your quest for answers. And some students wonder why chemists/scientists get such a bad rep. Go figure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rodrigo Maiotto on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 12:52 pm:

Hi Aimee T. In fact, you are looking for an especific and special case of gas cromatography. I will give you some tips!

Use altavista in the web, to localize some keywords that will be very interesting to solve your problem : gc/ms lc/ms HPLC (HIGH PERFORMANCE LIQUID CROMATOGRAPHY). Generally your quests will have relationship to liquid cromatography, cause substances used in doping (human and animals) denatured with high temperatures ( inaceptable do gc and no problem to hplc!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Aimee T. on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 06:41 pm:

Especial thanks to you, Rodrigo. I'm all over it.
Gracias,
Aimee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tony Herlt on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:35 pm:

Dear Aimee,

I taught a course on basic GC earlier this year. You may find the following internet sites helpful:

http://www.jandw.com/GCref.htm
http://www.shu.ac.uk/schools/sci/chem/tutorials/chrom/gaschrm.htm

HTH

Tony

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.